Hackathons are our passion
Learn to be part of the fastest growing event on the UC Davis campus. We are a group of people who are committed to putting on UC Davis' largest student-organized event every year. It takes guts, skill, and a whole lot of committment to create an event that brings together 700 people for a weekend. The most important part is that none of us could have done this alone.
This year, we are looking to grow our team so that we can become even more successful. If you want to make an impact on the CS community, if you want to change lives, create opportunity, and be part of a growing culture of innovation and getting stuff done, then join HackDavis.
- Tasteful, strong graphic design skills.
- Well versed in either Illustrator or Photoshop. Both is ideal.
- Will be in charge of putting together all marketing content, event content and developing the year's "brand"
- Will work alongside marketing team to develop social media posts leading up to and following the event.
- Partner with external organizations (campus clubs, other schools)
- Reach out and invite nonprofit organizations/serve as Point of Contact for nonprofits during event
- Organize transportation from other schools.
- Work with marketing to organize workshops during first quarter and any outreach, including to other hackathons and finding judges
- Organize application system and serve as main contact for applicants who need help
- Answer/help send all emails regarding applications, transportation, etc.
- Strong communication skills for social media posts and campaigns (being able to develop creative content).
- Use marketing automation tools such as mail merge to mass communicate with other organizations, applicants, and mailing lists.
- Reach out to other organizations for marketing (news, campuses).
- Communicate with design team to create campaigns for HackDavis events, workshops, countdowns, etc.
- Knack for taking pictures and showcasing sponsor products during event.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Pitching HackDavis through to hundreds of companies for potential sponsorship.
- Attend networking events to gain contacts of companies.
- Maintain good relationships with industry and departmental contacts.
- Assist in writing our sponsorship packet.
- Fulfill obligations towards sponsors.
- Will be in charge of overseeing design coinciding with website development and day-of landing pages.
- Well versed in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator), ideally experience in at least two of these: Sketch, Adobe XD, Origami, InVision App, AfterEffects.
- Will work alongside technical team to ensure everything goes smoothly and is finished on time.
- Make sure expenses are within budget and adjust accordingly depending on expected incoming sponsor mone.
- Work with Sponsorship team to create invoices and maintain professionalism via emailing.
- Manage reimbursements for team out-of pocket expenses and participant travel expenses.
- Do research and apply for potential funding opportunities.
- Continue relationship with various school offices (CSI, Business Office)
- Responsible for day-of functions of event.
- Facilitate relations with venue management; reserve venue and ensure services rendered.
- Contact food vendors for at least 4 meals worth of catering.
- Manage audio/video aspects of event.
- Work with power and WiFi providers; ensure service is reliable.
- Planning, organizing, and overseeing day-of-event schedule.
- Recruit volunteers and mentors for the event and determine their jobs and shifts.
- Work with UX/UI designer to implement vision for the website and the live site
- Automate certain repetitive tasks for all teams, manage large migrations of data
- Develop tools for coordinating mentors, sponsors, and directors at the day of the event
- Plan and facilitate weekly workshops about technical topics applicable to Hackathons. Examples include web development, mobile applications, machine learning, API usage, Git/Github